Ellen White's Contradictions
"God never contradicts Himself"
-- Ellen White, 1SM 161
These mind-bending contradictory statements and actions by Sister White have been a source of contention
between Adventists for decades. Can you make sense of them?
- Tithe--An 1896 testimony says it is WRONG to appropriate your own tithe money. Yet, in a letter written nine years later, Mrs. White is doing exactly what she forbid others from doing!
- Pork--Mrs. White wrote many testimonies against eating pork. You've seen those. But have you seen the one where she said eating pork was okay?
- The Health Reform Institute--Ellen White repudiates one of her own testimonies. She says, "I yielded my judgment to that of others"
- Mrs. White Wearing Jewelry?--You've read the testimonies condemning jewelry. Now compare those with the photographs of Mrs. White wearing jewelry!
- The Proper Prayer Position--What is it? Kneeling? Standing? Sitting?
- Oysters and Herrings--Did Mrs. White practice what she Preached on Diet? Eat what I say, not what I do!
- The Reform Dress--Was it a reform? Or was it fanaticism? Read the confusing, contradictory testimonies.
- Vinegar--You should not drink vinegar (even though I'm addicted to it!)
- Was Jacob Silent?--Or did he converse while he wrestled?
submitted by visitors to this web site!
Sep. 2006 - "Contradicts Her Own Son in Selected Messages"
For further study:
Mrs. White's Most Confusing Statements
Mrs. White contradicts the Bible.